The kids started in their "new" school today! After a another ridiculous realization that I am DEFINITELY not super mom...I decided to transfer Tylar and Tate to the elementary school that is in our district. It only took me two days of driving back and forth, back and forth, back and forth to their old school to realize that it was a crazy idea to keep them there! I really think that this is going to be a better situation all around. Tylar has two of the sweetest girls from her primary class in our new ward, in her class at school! And her teacher happens to be a member of the church in our stake. Tate will be in all day Kindergarten now, which suits him just fine! He was so pumped about being able to have lunch at school! I got great reports from both of them when they got home today, so I'm feeling better about the decision tonight. Tucker wasn't so sure this was his favorite plan, however. He kept asking me when the kids were going to be home....he has preschool tomorrow, so thank heaven for that!!
We are settling in nicely here. I got most of the boxes unpacked, and put up some pictures which really made it feel like "home". We had such a good day yesterday with some wonderful friends that came over for dinner. It was pouring down rain, and about 40 degrees yesterday...so not really spring-like weather...but Easter non the less! I really feel so blessed and grateful to be happy and healthy, and to have the gospel in our lives. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. If you haven't had the opportunity to hear the talk given by Elder Holland at general conference last week, FIND IT!! I actually recorded conference on our DVR for Rob because he was drilling for the National Guard last weekend. So we watched that clip tonight for family home evening. It is one of the most powerful talks I've ever heard. I just love when you can see and feel the love the apostles have for Christ as they speak of him. It is truly powerful. So, I can't stress enough, to go out and find a copy of this talk!
I decided to make curtains for some of the windows in our house. Mostly because Rob about blew a gasket while trying to install our blinds. It scares me that the man performs surgical procedures on human beings, but can't put up a *#@% set of blinds!! Anywho...I'll have to post some pictures of the finished products because I'm pretty tickled with my little self! They have turned out pretty good so far. I really lucked out to find a great sale at our local JoAnn's. They are moving to a bigger location, so all of their home decor fabric is 50% off!! I was able to get some really pretty material for a great price, which makes me love the curtains even more!! Well, that seems to be enough rambling from me tonight! Take care, and take care of each other! xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Yes, that was an amazing talk! Kelly said he slept through it, so we're going to watch it again too. :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the curtains. Can't wait to see h picures. It sounds like you are further along than I am with the unpacking and starting on decorating. Kelly did hang 2 pictures for me last week!
Can't wait to see you next week!
Thank you so much for dinner! It was amazing! :-) And definitely fun to visit! Your curtains look great so you'd better take pics to show them off!! xoxo!
ReplyDelete