Thursday, February 19, 2009

hit me with your best shot...

Here it comes once again. It is the day before Tylar goes in for her visits with the cardiologist, the geneticist, the eye doctor, and the orthopedist. She sees many of them throughout the year, but annually, she has the whole lot of them on ONE day. This is the "assessment" of the yearly progression of the marfan's. (By the way, February is national marfan's awareness month, so pass it on) I am a mess, and can now identify and admit this!! I hate knowing that puberty is rapidly approaching, and that she will start to deteriorate at a faster pace. I can't seem to get past the idea that she is not ever going to be normal. I hate even thinking that, and it makes me feel guilty. I know, I know, she has been given this challenge for a reason; she has been blessed with the tools to overcome...yadda, yadda...but...when it comes down to it, I just Hate it for her!! As a mother, you never like to think about pain of any kind being inflicted on your children; with Tylar, it is built in, it is a given that she is going to have extra pain. I hate that. With girls, and especially girls with my gene's, body image is such a struggle. I hate that she has to have extra issues added upon that!!! Although, being thin will never be a struggle for her...so I guess it's not ALL bad news. :o)
With that being said, I am so thankful for her in my life. I try to think about who she will touch throughout her lifetime. And, I truly know that she has a higher purpose here than I can even imagine. I sometimes, or most of the time feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of parenting her. I definitely do not feel qualified in the least. I will post the results of her exams tomorrow. We usually try to take the day and go shoe shopping for her. Since her size is impossible, and her exams are typically in the "city" the shoe selection is by far better than what we can find for her locally. Maybe we should add pedicures to the line up this year~

3 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful mom!! I know your children are extra thankful that you are there mom! I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow...please let me know if you need anything at all!!! I don't have work or school, so I will be at your beck and call! xoxoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet sister. It always slips from my mind that your little family faces this every year. I have always seen Tylar as so normal, it is hard to be forced to remember the challenges she does face. I will have you in my prayers today, and if you need to talk, call! I love you so much, and I love that sweet baby girl of yours! I found some pictures the other night of her and I from when I lived in Pockey, man I miss her!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber... I had no idea about Tylar. I read up on Marfan's, what a challange! I would love to hear more about how she is doing and how the tests went. Please know your in my thoughts and prayers. Raelene

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive