Okay, so I seemed to survive my trip to Ohio...barely! With the exception of cute little Paxton's blessing, the whole ordeal was a complete Freak Show!!! I forgot how utterly draining it all is, and also rememberd why I ended up in therapy for a year after our move from there! It was nice to be able to see our little house, and to see how it's been transformed into someone else's space. Jon and Patty (Rob's brother and sister-in-law) live there, and have made some much needed improvements. I also got to spend some time with my friend/angel of salvation, Wende. I think it was a double-edged sword for me though, because I rememberd just how much I miss her. We had a great time just hanging out with her family and chatting like we didn't skip a beat. It was a welcome relief from crazy-town.
So I just realized I haven't left an update from my last ranting about Tylar's appointments. She did amazing! What a trooper to drag along her mess of a mom, and smile all the way! She has yet to cross over into the "danger zone" so to speak with her aorta. She still measures at the high end of normal as far as dilation is concerned which is the big problem with marfan's patients. She has made no significant changes since last year, which is a great thing! I feel like an idiot for getting all worked up over it. The only thing I will change is the way they discuss her physical "abnormalities" in front of her. She is a girl with body image issues already, she doesn't need someone pointing them out, writing them down, and discussing them in front of her. Nuf said.
We are getting closer to closing on our house. March 24th is still the prospected date. We shall see. Everything seems to be running smoothly....seams to be! I am getting an ulcer thinking about packing this house up! GRRRR
I think that about sums things up for now. On to the next big thing, right!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Ohhhhhioooooo, what a pit! I am so glad that Patty is cool and you were there to support her! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you survived and made it back okay! :-) If you need help with packing just let me know! xoxo!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you made it back from your trip... I am so happy to hear that everything is going well. Don't work yourself up too much over the house thing. It will go smoothly! :-) Just start packing NOW! LOL One to two boxes a day and before you know it~it will be all packed!
ReplyDelete